- 1 small Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Bulgur, coarse (rinsed)
- 10 cups Water
- A handful of Green Beans (chopped)
- 2 medium Zucchinis (cubed)
- 2 medium Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 medium Eggplant (cubed)
- 1 small Tomato (peeled and diced)
Spices & condiments
- 5-6 tbsp Cooked Yogurt
- Salt [Careful! Cooked yogurt is already salted]
- Dry mint flakes
In a pan
- Sweat the onions in the oil.
In a pot
- Boil the bulgur in the water and skim the foam. Cook on low heat until the bulgur is tender.
- Stir in the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Melt the cooked yogurt in the soup.
- Pour in the onion with the oil. Cook for 15 more minutes.
Taste to see if it needs salt or more yogurt. Add salt if needed.
- Sprinkle a handful of dried mint flakes on top and turn off the heat.
If the vegetables absorb most of the water, add more hot water while cooking.