Condiments & preserves
Red pepper pickles
Roasted red pepper pickles
- Red bell peppers
- 1 cup Lemon (juiced)
- 2 cups White vinegar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- cut the peppers in half lengthwise.
On a baking sheet
- Layer the peppers on the baking sheet.
- brush them with vegetable oil.
In a hot oven
- roast the peppers.
- peel the roasted peppers and seed them.
In a colander
let rest in a colander till all the water runs down.
In a pot
- boil the remaining ingredients together for a a few minutes.
In clean dry jars
- layer the peppers in the jars and fill with the liquid to the top.
- close the lids tightly.
- store red pepper pickles in the fridge.