Condiments & preserves
Red pepper preserve
Roasted red pepper preserved in oil
- Red bell peppers
- Sea salt
- Vegetable oil
- cut the peppers in half lengthwise.
On a baking sheet
- Layer the peppers on the baking sheet.
- brush them with vegetable oil.
In a hot oven
- roast the peppers.
Let cool in a plastic bag.
- peel the roasted peppers and seed them.
In a colander
let rest in a colander till all the water runs down.
In clean dry jars
- layer the peppers in a jar, add a pinch of sea salt and fill with vegetable oil to the top.
- Close the lids tight.
- store the roasted red pepper preserve in the fridge.