- 1 kg Molokhia or jute Leaves (washed, dried, and chopped)
- 500 g Chicken Breast (cubed)
- 10-12 cloves Garlic (crushed with a pinch of salt)
- a handful of Cilantro (minced)
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 batch Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Toasted Pita Bread
- 1 large Onion (minced)
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
IN A POT
- Brown the Chicken Breast in the Oil.
- Stir in the crushed Garlic.
- Cook a few minutes more.
- Stir in the Spices and the Cilantro.
- Add part of the Chicken Stock.
Let it boil and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Pour in the Lemon Juice and more Stock.
Let it boil.
- Stir in the Molokhia Leaves.
Let it boil until the Molokhia is cooked to taste.