Condiments & preserves
Simple chicken stock
- 1 whole Chicken (quartered, washed)
- Bay Leaf
If you only need stock and no chicken meat, you can replace the Whole Chicken with chicken bones or wing tips.
In a large pot
- Add the chicken to the pot full of water with the bay leaves and the salt. bring to a boil.
- Remove the foam that rises on the top of the stock.
Let boil until the meat separates from the bones. (around 1 hour)
- Separate the chicken meat from the stock.
- Remove impurities from the stock by passing it through a sieve.
- Store the chicken and the stock separately each in an air-tight container in the freezer. The stock should last for a few months. use the chicken meat sooner.
- If you make large batches, store them separately so you can thaw and use only the amount you need.
- Label your stock [Chicken Stock - DATE]
- Thaw in the fridge before use.
- You can prepare spiced chicken stock as well with onions, garlic, cinnamon, etc. but you can use spiced chicken stoke in all dishes.So, it's always better to prepare simple stocks.