Condiments & preserves
Beef Shank Stock
- 300 g Beef Shank (cubed)
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 4-6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Water (hot)
- Bay Leaf
In a pressure cooker
- Heat the Oil.
- Brown the Beef Shank on high heat with the Onion, the Garlic, the Salt, and the Bay Leaf.
- Add the hot Water to cover.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 20-30 minutes.
Let the pressure cooker cool before opening it.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer. It should last for a few months.
- If you make large batches, store them separately so you can thaw and use only the amount you need.
- Label your stock [Beef Shank Stock - DATE]
- Thaw in the fridge before use