Dough & Batter
Beef Kibbeh dough
- 500 g minced beef habra
- 4 cups Bulgur, fine, brown (rinsed)
- 1 tbsp hot pepper paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt - to taste
- 2 cups water
In a large deep baking pan
- Wet the bulgur with the water for 10 mins.
- Add the spices.
- Rub in the hot pepper paste until the spices and the paste are thoroughly distributed.
- Wet your hands as you knead in the beef mince.
- Knead adding water from time to time until you get a soft (not watery) dough.
Don't over knead the kibbeh dough. Over-kneading will make it chewy.