We cook okra during summer when it's at the peak of its season, and it's most affordable fresh, and most importantly full of flavor. Okra can also be frozen for the winter.
- 1 batch Meat Stock With Chunks (thawed if frozen)
- ½ kg Bamia (rinsed & stems trimmed off)
- ½ kg Tomatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 large Green Pepper, Sweet Or Hot (diced)
- Salt & Pepper
In a pot
- Heat the Stock.
- Stir in the Tomato.
Let it boil
Let it boil for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add the Garlic, the Peppers, the Salt & Pepper.
- Cook until the okra is cooked thoroughly and the sauce has thickened.
We eat this dish served on top of a simple rice pilaf.
Accompanying sides include french fries and green peppers.