- ½ kg Okra [Bamia] (rinsed and stems trimmed off)
- ½ kg Tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 large Onions (sliced)
- 10-12 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 medium Lemon (juiced)
- 1 large Green Pepper, Sweet Or Hot (diced)
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water (Warm)
In a pot
- Sweat the Onions in the oil.
- Stir in most of the Garlic.
- Toss in the Tomato and add the Water.
Let it boil.
Cover and Let it boil for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add the rest of the Garlic, the Peppers, the Salt & Pepper.
- Cook until the okra cooks thoroughly and the sauce has thickened.