Condiments & preserves
Roasted eggplant dip with tahini
- 1 large eggplant (roasted, skinned, & drained)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed with a little salt)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 ybsp yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- lemon zest - to taste
- Olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds
In a food processor
- Blend all the ingredients for the dip until smooth and white.
In a serving bowl
- Spread the dip and top with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
You can store this dip in a tightly sealed jars in the fridge.
- Another variation of the Moutabal can be prepared by replacing the raw garlic by roasted garlic.