- 1 cup chickpea, parboiled (thawed)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- lemon zest
- salt to taste
- water (if needed)
- Olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- a handful Chickpeas, parboiled (thawed)
- a sprig of parsley
In a food processor
- Process all the ingredients, except the water, together until smooth.
- Add a little water to receive the desired thickness and texture.
Spread the hummus in a shallow bowl, garnish with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
You can garnish your hummus with a few chickpeas and a sprig of parsley.
Or to make Hummus b’awerma, garnish with Awerma, a topping of browned ground meat with its fatty drips.
Grab some pita bread and dig in!
- Although Hummus means chickpeas in Arabic, many variations of hummus are made with other beans or by introducing vegetables in the mix.