Condiments & preserves
Red pepper flakes
Crushed red pepper powder and flakes
- Red peppers
- Chili peppers
- We seed and slice Aleppo peppers.
- We place the red pepper slices on metal trays under the sun for days until they are completely dry and they crack when we try to break them.
- Then we crush them using a food processor.
- We sieve the flakes. Keep the larger flakes to use as garnish for dips and sides.
- We add to the the powder some salt and rub in a little olive oil to give the paprika a shine.
- Then we put it in the sun for a few hours.
We store red pepper flakes and powder in jars in the freezer.