This is a family recipe passed on from my late mother, Armenouhi. And now it's a favorite in my household.
- 2 kg Eggplants (sliced into 2 cm slices)
- 1 batch dolma stuffing
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Water - to cover
In a colander
In a frying pan
- Deep fry the eggplant slices.
- Lay them on paper towel to remove as much oil as possible.
In a casserole dish
- Layer the Eggplant slices on the bottom.
- Spread the Stuffing on top.
- Layer the remaining Eggplant slices on top.
- Add the Water to cover.
In an oven
- Cook for 45 mins or until it absorbs all the water.
We enjoy this meal with a large jug of ayran.