Stuffed cabbage bulgur rolls
This is the recipe of my late mother-in-law, Anna. It's one of our favorite family dishes.
For the rolls
- 1½ kg Cabbage (boiled in salt water)
- 1 batch Bulgur stuffing (cold)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed with a pinch of salt)
- ½ tbsp Pomegranate Molasses (diluted in a little water)
- 1 tsp Dry Mint Flakes
- Prepare the bulgur stuffing.
On a cutting board
- Shape the cabbage leaves with a knife.
- Fill with the stuffing and roll tucking the sides in.
In a pressure cooker
- Cover the colander of the pressure cooker with some of the boiled cabbage leaves.
- Arrange the rolls on top.
- Add the cooking water.
- Close the Pressure cooker.
Cook on high until the cooker whistles.
- Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Uncover the cooker and add the crushed garlic, the diluted pomegranate molasses, and the dry mint flakes.
- Boil for an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
Enjoy cabbage sarma hot or cold with a bowl of fresh yogurt.