Dough & Batter
Sponge cake batter
- 6 Eggs (room temperature - separated)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup Cake Flour [or 3/4 cup cake flour and 1/4 cup cocoa powder] (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of Lemon or orange zest
- a pinch of salt
In a mixer bowl
- Whip the egg whites and the salt until foamy and soft peaks form.
In another bowl
- Cream the egg yolks, vanilla, the sugar, and the zest until the mixture gets pale in color.
- Fold in the flour gently in batches with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the white egg foam in 2 batches until incorporated well.
- See the baking instructions for each type of cake on the respective cake recipe page.