Desserts & Sweet Snacks
Bûche de Noël
Bûche de Noël - Christmas log
- 1 batch Genoise batter
- 1 batch Crème au Beurre
- Prepare the crème au beurre.
Store in the fridge.
In a bowl
- Prepare the genoise batter.
In an aluminum baking sheet
- Pour the batter in the greased and parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Tap the mold to settle the batter and get rid of air pockets.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
Let cool before removing from the pan.
On a counter top
- Gently remove the parchment paper from the cake.
- Place the cake on a clean parchment paper face up.
- Spread part of the cream on the cake.
- Roll the cake using the paper and tightly wrap the log with the paper.
Store in the fridge at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the log into smaller logs of various lengths.
- Cover each log with cream.
- Decorate as you like.