Swiss Chard & Chickpea stew
- 1 kg Swiss chard (minced - leaves separate from stalks)
- 2 cups Chickpeas, parboiled (thawed)
- 3-4 medium Onions (minced)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (minced)
- ½ tbsp Tomato paste
- ½ tbsp Pepper paste
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon juice
In a pot, then a colander
- Boil the Swiss Chard Stalks until tender.
- Add the leaves and cook for a few minutes.
In a pot
- Sweat the Onions.
- Stir in the Cilantro and the Spices.
- Stir in the chickpeas.
- Melt the Tomato Paste and the Pepper Paste in the Water and pour over the pot.
Let it boil.
- Stir in the cooked Swiss chard and cook for about 30 minutes until the water evaporates.
- Squeeze fresh lemon on top and dig in!
- French Fries or Roasted Potatoes are our favorite sides for this meal.