Green bean stew
In a pressure cooker
- Sweat the onions in the oil until translucent.
- Stir in part of the garlic.
Cook for a minute.
- Toss in the green beans and the cranberry beans. Cover the cooker.
- Toss a few times until the green beans begin to soften and become translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the tomato and toss a few times.
- Add water to cover the beans.
Bring to a boil.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook until the cooker whistles.
- Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes.
Let rest before opening the pressure cooker. (for about 20-30 minutes)
- Add the salt, the pepper, the green pepper and the rest of the garlic.
- Cook uncovered on low heat until the water evaporates (about 45 minutes).
Pressure cooking time differs for different types of beans and different types of cookers. Refer to your cooker manual for correct times or experiment with your own cooking.
We eat this dish with our hands using pita bread.
This recipe isn't complete without a potato side, whether it's french fries or pan-roasted potatoes.