Candied Orange Peel
- 400 g Oranges with thick peels (washed & pat dried)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- Score and peel the oranges
- Remove and discard of the white pith completely. (we also don't need the rest of the orange).
- Dice the peel into small squares or cut them into strips.
In a Saucepan
- Boil the orange peels in water for 5 mins.
- Pour off the water.
Repeat this process three times.
- Remove the rind and leave to drain.
- Add clean water.
- Melt in the sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the rind back in the syrup.
- Cook on low heat till the water thickens into a syrup. (around 45 minutes)
Store the cooled candied orange peels in an air-tight container in the fridge.