- 1 cup lentils,brown (par-boiled)
- 3 medium potatoes (diced)
- ½ kg swiss chard (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- Salt & pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried mint flakes
In a pot
- Sweat the onion and 2 of the garlic cloves
- Stir in the potatoes and the boiled lentils
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes
Boil until the potato is cooked
- Melt in the tomato paste
- Add the swiss chard and the spices
- Add the remaining garlic
Cook until the soup thickens
Serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon.
In our household, zekhlov tettecherig, or lentil chard soup, is a main dish.
We serve this dish with any or a combination of the following sides: olives, olive spread, fresh sourdough bread, croutons, or bruschetta.