- 100 g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 200 g butter (cold)
- 300 g flour (sifted)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 medium lemon's zest
- a pinch of vanilla powder
In a mixer
- mix the sugar, the butter, and the lemon zest until you get the texture of sand.
- incorporate in the egg and the vanilla.
- beat until creamy.
- knead in the flour just until the dough comes together.
Yield: approx. 1kg dough
- Store, covered, in the fridge for at least 30 mins (at most 3 days) before use.
- You can freeze the sable dough for later use (about one month).
With this dough you can make sable biscuits or tart bases and shells.