- 200 g Butter
- 400 g Water
- 400 g Flour, all-purpose (sifted)
- a pinch of salt
- 12 medium eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla powder
- 1tbsp Lemon zest
In a Saucepan
- Melt the butter in the water.
- Stir in the flour mixture all at once.
- Stir well until a dough forms.
In a bowl
- Break the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the vanilla and lemon zest to the eggs.
In the mixer (using the flat beater)
- Transfer the dough to the mixer.
- Incorporate the eggs one yolk at a time. Beat well to incorporate completely after each addition.
- Keep on mixing for about 10 to 15 minutes until batter looks smooth and shiny.
Preheat the oven.
On lined baking sheets
- Transfer the paste into the pastry bag.
- Pipe the pastry (using a large nozzle) onto the lined baking sheets leaving enough space between the shells.
In the oven
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes (don’t open the oven) until the shells puff up and turn golden brown.
Let cool before storing or filling.