- 4 eggs (yolk and whites separated)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tsp baking powder (sifted)
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- A pinch of salt
In a bowl
- Whisk the egg whites and the salt until it’s frothy.
In another bowl
- Cream the butter, the sugar, and the orange zest.
- Add in the egg yolks and beat until creamy
- Slowly incorporate in the orange juice.
Stop the mixer.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in the the flour and the baking powder. Incorporate well.
- Fold in the frothy egg white until you have a homogenous mixture.
In a greased cake mold (25cm diameter)
- Pour in the batter while rotating the mold to spread the batter evenly in the mold.
In a hot oven
- Bake for 35–40 minutes