- 1 medium Onion (minced)
- ¼ cups Butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 3 ¾ cups Flour, all-purpose (sifted)
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups Water, warm
- Sea Salt
In a pan
- Melt the butter and sweat the onion.
On a worktop
- Combine all the ingredients together and knead.
Let the dough proof.
- Shape the dough into breadsticks.
On greased baking sheets
Let the breadsticks rest.
- Brush the breadsticks with water.
- Sprinkle them with sea salt.
In a hot oven
- Bake them until crisp but not brown.
Let them cool.
- Bake them again until golden brown and crispy.
These breadsticks can be kept in a tightly sealed container for up to 2 months.