Cauliflower and ground meat stew
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 300g regular ground beef
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cumin
- ½ tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 medium white cauliflower, broken into florets
- Heat the oil
- Add the onion with a dash of salt and cook until softened
- Add the ground beef. Break it into smaller pieces as it cooks on high heat. Cook thoroughly.
- Stir in all the spices.
- Melt the tomato paste in hot water and add it to the pan
- Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Meanwhile, cook the cauliflower florets in salted water or steam them.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the sauce
- Cook covered on low heat until the cauliflower is fork-tender