- 1kg medium-sized eggplants (peeled)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 7-8 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 medium bell pepper,green (diced)
- 5-6 medium-sized tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup water
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil (to fry the eggplants)
In a deep fryer
- Fry the whole eggplants.
- Fry the diced green bell pepper.
In a frying pan
- Saute the onion and the garlic.
In a pot
- Boil the tomatoes in a cup of water.
- Add the spices.
In a glass or porcelain baking dish
- Place the fried eggplants in one layer.
- Score the belly of each eggplant with a knife.
- Fill the onion, garlic and peppers in the belly of each eggplant.
- Spread the tomato mixture on top.
In a hot oven
- Cook for 30 mins or until the water evaporates.