- 6-8 pieces Chicken, raw (disjointed, rinsed and pat dried)
- 2 cups Rice, long grain (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- A handful Raisins - optional
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- Nuts, raw, Any Kind (toasted or fried) - optional
In a bowl
- Mix all the Spices together.
- Spice the Chicken pieces with part of the Spice Mixture.
If you have time, leave in the fridge to rest for a few hours with the bay leaves.
In a pot, then a colander
- Boil the Rice in salt water for 15 minutes.
- Drain in a Colander.
- Spice with the same Spice Mixture to taste.
- Stir in the Raisins (optional).
In a pressure cooker
- Line the chicken pieces in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Add the bay leaves on top.
- Cover with the spiced rice mixture.
- Spoon the oil over the rice.
- Close the presser cooker.
- Cook on the smallest eye of the stove-top on high for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes or a little more if you like your chicken browned.
Wait until the cooker is cold enough to open.