- 5 kg Goat milk yogurt or Cow milk yogurt
- 4 cups water
- 5 tbsp sea salt
Preparing the labneh
- Pour the yogurt in a cheese cloth and let it hang in the fridge until all the moisture gets out.
- Scrape the resulting labneh in a large thick copper pot.
- Stir in the water. and cook on high heat stirring incessantly until it gets thicker.
- Add the salt and continue cooking and stirring incessantly until it passes the spoon test.
- Fill dry and clean glass jars to the top while the cooked yogurt is hot.
- Close the lids well.
- Keep the closed jars in a dark, humid place.